We are now accepting quilt tops for Long Arm Quilting.
Please note that for best results wide backing fabrics must be laundered and pressed prior.
Have you finished a quilt top, or two? Overwhelmed by how to quilt it, and the size?
We offer long arm quilting services at Stitcharie!
At just .02 cents per square inch edge to edge quilting
We can quilt your project for you. You can choose from a general meander or several other allover designs.
Simply bring in your well pressed quilt top, batting and backing, or you can purchase batting and backing from the shop (make sure they meet the minimum measurement and preparation requirements). Very soon you will have a quilted project ready to finish.
Prior to dropping off your quilt please download and complete the request form.
Quilts are processed in the order they are received, first come first serve basis.
Stitcharie - Request form for Long Arm Quilting Service
Your quilt will be quilted in the condition that it is received, for best results:
Prepping your quilt to be long arm quilted
• Make sure your quilt top is squared up.
• If you have used directional fabric on your quilt, please identify the top of the quilt.
• Remove loose threads - this is especially important for light coloured fabrics. If this is not done, the loose threads will show through the top of the quilt, once it is quilted.
• Press the quilt top - please make sure that your quilt top and borders are as flat as possible. Ensure that there are no pleats, tucks or wrinkles pressed into the fabric. All seams need to lie flat.
• Check all seams for gaps and loose stitching.
• Do not pin or baste layers together. Top, backing and batting should be separate.
• Remove all pins - running over a pin will damage the long arm machine.
• Quilts should be free of any embellishments, beading, etc.
Quilt Backing and Batting Requirements and Preparation
• 100% cotton fabric must be used.
• All backing fabric MUST be prewashed and pressed, even if the quilt top fabrics have not be laundered
• Pieced backings - fabrics must be laundered and must remove the selvage edges before piecing
• Wide Backing fabric contains an added amount of starch and if not washed prior to quilting it can shrink from 3% - 8% and cause additional problems such as bearding, poor tension, skipped stitches and pulled threads can and do occur.
• Bed sheets will not be accepted.
• Backing must be 8" larger than the quilt top in both length and width.
• Backing must be squared up.
• Press the backing fabric - remove all creases, folds and wrinkles.
• If the back is pieced, please ensure that all seams are as flat as possible.
• Batting must be 6" larger than the quilt top in both length and width.
• You may supply your own batting - but it must be of good quality without joins
It is our pleasure to be a part of your quilting project.
Please don't hesitate to call or stop by the shop if you have more questions.